I offer breastfeeding and lactation support for mothers who need further guidance and consultation to ensure a successful breastfeeding experience in the hospital or in your own home.
Most babies are born knowing how to suck, but not always knowing how to suck properly at the breast, and most mothers are not quite sure how to go about helping the baby learn.
Both first-time and more experienced mothers often appreciate advice, support and encouragement before the baby’s arrival and after, to establish a successful breastfeeding relationship.
One-to-one home visit or group visit:
This consultation will enable expectant mothers and couples to explore and learn more about breastfeeding. Topics covered include:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- How to get off to a good start
- How breast milk is made
- Effective positioning and attachment
- Types of birthing and how it affects breastfeeding
- Normal feeding patterns
- Other feeding methods
- Any questions or concerns
Once your baby has arrived
A home visit (or hospital visit) consultation will include the following:
- Take a full history
- A thorough observation and assessment of your breastfeeding technique
- An explanation of the probable reasons for the difficulties
- A maternal breast assessment
- An infant oral anatomy and sucking assessment
- Latching and positioning help
- Tips and information for practical management of breastfeeding
- A treatment plan tailored to your needs to help you reach YOUR breastfeeding goals (not ours), taking into consideration your lifestyle, circumstances and preferences
- Answers to any breastfeeding questions you may have
- Handouts / emails relevant to your situation (if required)
- Contact information for resources in your area
- comprehensive report for your and your GP, HV, MW’s records, if needed
- Kind, gentle, and compassionate care
- A follow up plan
I can offer home visits, whereby one-to-one support is given in the comfort and privacy of your own home and I am also more than happy to offer group sessions between friends / NCT groups. This is a wonderful way of providing support to a group of your antenatal or postnatal friends who will then go on to provide an ongoing support network for each other.
I am fully insured and hold a current CRB check.
Currently, the areas that I cover are SW London and Surrey. However, if you are unable to find support in your local area, please do contact me and I will endevour to help.
I also work with 2 other colleagues running Breastfeeding London so please do visit that for more information
Home / Hospital visit (1.5 – 2 hours)*: £130 for initial consultation
Follow up visit (up to 1 hour)*: £100 per consultation
Follow-up phone calls are taken at no additional charge
Mileage not charged
Note: * During the hours of 9am – 5pm (Monday – Friday)
Saturday visits are charged at £140.00
Sunday, evening & bank holiday visits are charged at £160.00
An additional fee of £20.00 per hour will be charged over and above a 1 hour consultation
Create your own home visiting pack:
- An antenatal visit during pregnancy (1.5 hours)
- Two follow up postnatal visits (1.5 hours each)
- Three postnatal visits (1.5 hours each)
£280 for either package
Why not get a Gift Voucher as a present for parents to be or new parents?
Please also visit my other site: Breastfeeding London